Energy Efficiency on the Web
Looking to for energy resources on the web? We have compiled a list so that you don’t have to do the work.
- The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) manages the flow of electric power to 24 million Texas customers — representing about 90 percent of the state’s electric load. As the independent system operator for the region, ERCOT schedules power on an electric grid that connects more than 46,500 miles of transmission lines and 570+ generation units.
- The Public Utility Commission of Texas created the “Power to Save” campaign to educate Texans on energy conservation.
- This page includes energy conservation tips for the home consumer. It’s sponsored by the Public Utility Commission, the state agency that oversees the Texas electricity market.
- This page includes links to clean energy programs identified by the federal Environmental Protection Agency.
- This is the website for SECO, a state agency that administers numerous energy efficiency and renewable energy programs in Texas. SECO’s website includes information about SECO programs that can be implemented by local governments.
The DSIRE website is a great place to research renewable energy programs in Texas and beyond. Find here summaries of energy efficiency incentives and policies established by the federal government, state governments, local governments and larger electric and gas utilities. Funded by the United States Department of Energy, the DSIRE database is the most comprehensive of its kind in the nation.
- The State and Local Energy Efficiency Action Network is a state- and local-led effort facilitated by the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to achieve all cost-effective energy efficiency by 2020. SEE Action offers publications, events, and technical assistance to state and local decision makers.
- The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization, acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors.
- The mission of the Energy Department is to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.
- The City Energy Project is a national initiative to create healthier and more prosperous American cities by improving the energy efficiency of buildings. Working in partnership, the Project and cities will support innovative, practical solutions that cut energy waste, boost local economies, and reduce harmful pollution. The pioneering actions of the 10 cities involved in the City Energy Project will be models for communities nationwide and around the world.
- The Alliance to Save Energy’s mission is to create an energy-efficient world. Energy efficiency enables us to do more while using less energy.
- SPEER, the newest regional energy efficiency organization, aims to accelerate the adoption of advanced building systems and energy efficient products and services in Texas and Oklahoma.
- We are an international environmental nonprofit based in Texas dedicated to educating and inspiring actions for a more sustainable future. Gathering concerned citizens, educators, businesses, nonprofits, and global leaders at the world’s largest environmental forum, EARTHx programs an exhibition, a film festival, and conferences.
- Here you will find a listing of state, local and regional programs that help small businesses become energy efficient. These programs offer financial assistance in the form of grants and loans for making energy efficient upgrades. Grants are also available to firms developing energy efficient technology. These programs also offer free or low-cost technical assistance to help small business owners conduct energy audits and implement energy efficient technology.