Updated May 25, 2018
This policy describes the types of information Texas Coalition for Affordable Power (“TCAP”, “Company” or “We”) may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit and utilize the website https://tcapstaging.wpengine.com. This includes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information and the basis for doing so.
This policy applies to information we collect on the Website, in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
Collection and use of Personal Data
We process data:
- in order to provide the services and fulfill our obligations pursuant to the Terms of Service. For example, we cannot provide access to our member-only area without an email address to sign into your account, conduct customer support, or send educational materials;
- where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the case of emergencies;
- where you have made the information public;
- where necessary in the public interest;
- where necessary for the purposes of TCAP’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, members or partners;
- where you provide consent (for example, to join email mailing lists).
We also process your data based on our legitimate interest in:
- providing a quality service and in improving that service;
- ensuring the services are secure;
- protection against fraud, spam
- understanding how clients and visitors interact with our websites and
services,so that we can continuously improve the experience and effectiveness of doing so.
CATEGORIES OF DATA WE COLLECT
We collect information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you, through your use of TCAP. We do so:
- when you provide the information, through filling out forms or otherwise providing information on our website;
- when you correspond with us to receive customer support via email or chat.
Your emailaddress that you provide to us as a username,or that is provided to us by your social media account(s) if you use those for sign-in.
- Your IP address when you interact with our website and apps.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses different than that used to establish your account), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- To provide you with customer support or service offerings, including responding to and resolving your inquiries and requests via email or text-based chat. When you request assistance from our customer support team.
COOKIES & TECHNICAL DATA
TCAP collects information as visitors and clients browse and interact with the website.
When you visit our website, we may place a cookie on your browser so that our system can recognize you when you make a return visit. Third parties may also place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes. That cookie allows us to recognize your browser on a return visit. We do not otherwise collect or process data when you are a Visitor.
Opting out of Cookies
There are a number ways to limit the cookies that your browser accepts or limit the way in which they’re used.
One way to limit cookies is by opting out of third party cookies/advertising networks, like Google Analytics and the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you are in Canada or the EU you can use the DAAC’s
Another way of limiting cookies is by controlling cookies in your web browser’s settings. (Disabling cookies in this way is more likely to actually break or worsen the experience when using some of our services).
Here are instructions for the most common browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose or transfer aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We never sell
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, in particular providing infrastructure and analytics services, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service or terms of sale and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Texas Coalition for Affordable Power, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CATEGORIES OF THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS
Categories of services used to process data include:
Infrastructure & Fulfillment
TCAP partners with third-parties to provide storage and server access that acts as infrastructure for our website.
TCAP partners with third-parties to help us monitor and analyze website traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior, helping us to improve the services and experience of using them.
TCAP partners with third-parties to help us receive, process, and respond to customer support requests, as customer support and education are a core part of the services offered.
Performance and Logging
TCAP partners with third-parties that assist us in monitoring the stability of the website and resolving issues or errors with the service.
TCAP partners with third-parties to manage receipt of consent to send marketing emails and sending those same emails.
We retain account data for a period of time after an account expires, whether through trial expiration or subscription
Once an account has become inactive beyond the period of time described below, we will delete its data – if you don’t need TCAP, we don’t need your account data, and you probably don’t want us to have it. (Keep in mind that if you cancel your account, it remains active until the end of that fiscal year.)
After deletion, we retain your email address in order to be able to confirm deletion of associated data.
THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS AND INTEGRATIONS
When you choose to use
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under these ages may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have established a number of procedures to help you manage your personal data.
You may delete your account by visiting your account settings. This will delete all personal data with the exception of email correspondence. Note that the process to delete all data associated with your account will take up to thirty (30) days, with log files retained for up to eighteen (18) months.
ADJUST NOTIFICATION AND EMAIL PREFERENCES
UPDATING ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You may correct, amend, or update your email and/or password at any time by adjusting that information in your account settings.
OBJECT, RESTRICT, OR WITHDRAW CONSENT
You may withdraw consent for processing in the situations described above. Other data processing we conduct is necessary for the fulfillment of our Terms of Service and/or our legitimate interest and/or legal reasons, and deletion of your account and data is required to cease processing.
If you need further assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.